Tuscany! A Writer's Dream!

So, I'm in the booking process and am comfortable writing about it now...

About a week ago, a co-worker sent me a link to a writer's conference in Tuscany in June.

"Wouldn't it be cool if we could get the company to send us to this?" she asked. (Since both our jobs involve writing.)

"Good luck getting them to approve it!" was my response to her.

Sure enough, they laughed at us when we asked. But, the trip would actually be useful to both of us. And we have decided to just go ahead and go anyways, paying for the trip out of our own pockets. Which actually works out perfectly for me because...

If you recall, I had mentioned that I wanted to go to Rome by myself in the fall. I wanted to sit around, drink espressos all day (and some wine) and write/read. But The Husband was worried about me traveling by myself. So going to Tuscany for a writers' trip with a co-worker actually works out even better.

The cost of the trip includes all our meals, plus some excursions AND cooking lessons! The whole purpose of the trip is to jump-start our creative process when it comes to writing. We also get one-on-one time with instructors to focus on our writing. It's gonna be so rad!

Yay! So exciting!

Comments

Vanessa said…
OH, I have HUGE travel envy right now!
That sounds FABULOUS! Tuscany is so wonderful....I know you're cutting down on meat, but you have to splurge on a bistecca fiorentina in Florence. They do steak better than ANYONE else in the world (though I have yet to visit Argentina -- I hear they're pretty good, too!).

And, to answer your comment on my blog, it was not a post-it -- it was a text message.

Good eye on placing that picture! My life this past week was EXACTLY like that episode. I knew it wasn't working and would never work, but I tried as hard as I could, and he told me that he wanted this relationship to work, and the very next day, text message.

But things are cool. I'm having much fun planning my trip around the world alone.
Anonymous said…
oooooooh! i am soooooo jealous!

i *LOVE*LOVE*LOVED* my trip to italy last fall!! and a writer's conference to boot? HEAVEN!!

i can't go to this one, but would you mind emailing me the tour group that runs this? i would be interested in future conferences...

Popular Posts