Office Fire.

What a crazy afternoon!

About an hour and a half ago, the lawyers in the office next door to us came into ours in a panic. Their office suddenly began to "smoke up" and smell bad. Smoke began pouring from their pipes.

Thy were afraid that their office was one fire. They told us we needed to get out of the building. We saw some of the people in their office crawling low to the ground, on their hands and knees, to avoid the smoke.

We slowly left the office.

In fact, before I left the office, I shut my computer down. Packed my purse. Went to the bathroom. Cleaned up my desk. Dumped out the rest of my diet coke. Then I IM'd my boss (who's at home today) and told him what was happening. Then I went over to the law office and snapped a photo of the smokey inside.



I figured there wasn't much to worry about. But we were forced to leave the building anyway.

I was taking my time because I knew how damn cold it was outside. I didn't want to have to go out there. So a few of use went down to the Borders bookstore to regroup.

We noted, however, that the Borders is in the same building as our office... But yet, Borders wasn't being evacuated.

Nothing can stop commerce, I guess.

Oh... and the "fire" wasn't a fire. It was merely a burst pipe. I'm glad I wasn't like the weirdos across the hall who crawled out on their hands and knees.*

(*I don't mean to take potential fire hazards lightly. But I have been through many an emergency situation in my lifetime that little makes me panic.)

Comments

Reminds me of college, when we would all race to put up an away message with "FIRE DRILL!! :-)" before making our way outside.
Me said…
Brilliant! You sound like me. I get really calm when shit happens...hehe.....Wish you had a photo of people crawling out. LOL since the hallway was CLEAR.
Dan said…
The lawyers are insane. And kind of geeky.
Me said…
Yeah, Dan, they are kinda geeky... Aren't they?

Popular Posts