Meet The Press???

What the hell?

I have my coffee in hand... My laptop open... And my eggs are perfectly scrambled.

SO WHY THE HELL IS MEET THE PRESS NOT ON?

No... Instead of airing a solid political show, the local shit-tastic NBC affiliate has decided to air the "Patriots Send-off" live.

Seriously, WHO THE FUCK CARES ABOUT THE PATRIOTS HANGING OUT IN THE STADIUM WITH FANS?

Why does that necessitate a LIVE showing?

You know what does necessitate a timely showing? A political show featuring leading candidates and political commentary, a few days before a primary.

This is one reason why I stopped working in television news. (That and the shit-tastic pay you have to suffer with for the first few years.) The lack of "news quality" judgement was lacking. Driven far too often by advertisers... And nearly always skewed with a subtle bias. (Unless you work for Fox, then the bias was very clear.)

Arghhh!!!!

Comments

Vanessa said…
Oh look at the handbasket! Oh look! It's our Country riding around in there. Gee, wonder where they're going???
I have lived in Boston for eight years now, and I am still irritated by the frequency with which the area television stations interrupt regular programming for stories that can hardly be called breaking news. The stations in NYC and Philadelphia, where I grew up, broke in very infrequently. Not sure whether this is a quirk of the Boston stations only or if our post-9/11 news obsession has jump-started this trend elsewhere.
Anonymous said…
I'm with you on this.

I know this sports-horny city can't let any opportunity to put it's eventual champs on TV pass, but there are more important things happening in the world.

Who goes to a pep rally after high school anyway?

Popular Posts