BanQ Robber.

Seriously... I felt like I was robbing BanQ... Since when does a premium gin and tonic only cost $6 in the South End??? That's a great deal!

I finally got around to trying the newest restaurant in the South End tonight... BanQ. It's right on Washington Street, in an old financial building with a door that is very easy to miss. (We and another couple walked by it twice before we figured out which one to go through. They should mark it better.)

BanQ was awesome. I'm actually surprised to be writing those words after eating their for the first time. With the proven dinner disaster that is Gaslight (only a few blocks away), BanQ is definitely quite the opposite. It was a phenomenal dining experience.

Seriously... The food was fantastic. The cocktails were on the inexpensive side ($23 for three drinks? So cheap for fine dining!). And our server, Faisil (sp?), was rock solid.

The Husband had a Tanqueray and tonic. He started with the grey sole appetizer. And for dinner he had the duck, cooked medium. I started with an amuse bouche of a lamb spring roll. Then I had the pea soup with monkfish appetizer. And for dinner the braised short ribs. I drank cava to start and had a malbec with the ribs.

I initially was not going to do dessert... But because the rest of dinner was do good, we decided to split one. We went with the duo creme brulee (Grand Marier and Vanilla flavors) with Saffir Lime sorbet. I spotted some Inniskillin Ice Wine on the dessert menu too... But it's just too indulgent. ($16 a glass.)

I highly recommend BanQ. It was very enjoyable. The decor felt cavernous, but was perfect. I think BanQ not only makes a great dining place, but the bar area was cool too. I think I may recommend a few girl friends and I hit it next weekend.

Comments

Popular Posts