"Glad To See You've Finally Committed To Working Here."

These were the words from the business manager in my office. He was happy to see me walking in to the office with a big bag of personal effects for my desk. And it certainly needed some personality...

See, my work desk has become a disaster. A gross, messy. dirty disaster. Cluttered. Dusty.



It basically consisted of all the crap I've accumulated in the year that I have worked there... Toys from McDonald's Happy Meals... Piles of papers I can't commit to shredding and recycling... Cardboard boxes from stuff I've ordered littering underneath the desk... Fingerprints everywhere on the desk top...

It was a mess. Was... Till I cleaned it up this morning.

I spent the first 30 minutes of my day shredding papers, throwing out toys, wiping down and disinfecting everything on the desk. Then I "styled" the desk... Travel books from home, fun toys I get from the search engines (like the magic "8" ball from Yahoo!), a bobble-head figure of The Husband, tulips in a crystal vase, a red Chinoiserie desk clock, Mrs. J. L. Strong desk calendar, Jay Stringwater frame, butterfly coaster, and two red Chinoiserie cache pots with plants.



It's much better!

So yes, I have committed to my job after a year. I brought a bunch of shit from home that will be a pain in the ass to trolley home.

Comments

Popular Posts