Ending My 30-Day On Day 6.

Good times.

Sorry to disappoint people... I decided to end my 30-day Bikram Yoga challenge today. I made it through 6 days this time around.

Why? Well, between work and getting sick I just don't have the time to commit to going every day during the week. At least not right now. I thought I would. But I was wrong.

I may try again in May to do it.

This time around, many of the challenge practitioners were getting pledged money to donate to a charity called "Karma Is Action." It's a wonderful charity that helps children with life-threatening diseases, as well as environmental causes.

I made a flat donation (in lieu of rounding up pledged donations) to the charity through their Pay-Pal link. If you're interested in learning more about the charity, or making a donation, you can visit their site.

Note though: If you do decide to make a donation, please add a note that you are making this donation for "Bikram Yoga Boston Home Studio."

The charity wants to keep track of which studios are generating which donations.

Comments

Anonymous said…
The 30 day challange is over rated... people with full lives just can't - and maybe shouldn't - devote that much time & energy to yoga.

just do it as often as you can & feel confortable doing

and maybe try to be consistant about it

John
Me said…
I don't think it's overrated. I've done three 30-day challenges in the past year and a half... Two of them while working full time.

It's a great challenge to accomplish one. But I agree with you that being consistent about one's practice on a regular basis is much more preferable...
Anonymous said…
I wish I could try one then... sounds like you're speaking from experience when you say they're worth while.... but there's just no way I could fit it in right now. oh well!
Me said…
LOL!

The first time I did one, I had to quit my agency job in order to really do it. I just couldn't devote the time.

It is tough to accomplish it when they don't offer 6am classes every day of the week in the Boston studio.. That would be the best time for me to go on MWF... Lately I am tied up at work till 6pm... And I can't stay for the 7:45pm class they have. It's just too late for me. I'm more of an "early bird."
Anonymous said…
Good for you for recognizing your responsibilities to your work, health, and family. You will benefit from the challenge when it is the right time for you.

I finished day 20 today.
2/3 of the way.
My muscles ache. And I am tired. I poop alot.
But in the end I know this is good for me.
Postures are coming along, and I am toning up.

From your experience, what else will I realize physically when this is completed, and I switch back to 3 or 4 times a week?

Popular Posts