Margarita Cupcakes!

We are celebrating the boss's birthday tomorrow at work. To honor a significant b-day for him, I offered to make margarita-flavored cupcakes as a surprise. (Really though, I love any excuse to cook and try out a new recipe!) He's told us before that he likes tequila. And since I love baking, I figured there had to be a recipe out there on the Intertubez for cupcakes with tequila in them.

And there certainly is! The best Margarita Cupcake recipe I found was on a site called Bakespace. To make it you needed margarita mix, tequila and an orange liquor...



You make a small pitcher of margarita cocktail, and you only pour two-thirds of into the cake mix. Then you drink the rest over ice.

So it's a recipe with a cocktail built in for you to drink while baking!



They turned out beautifully...



Though I haven't taste-tested one yet. And I did make a few cupcakes without the margarita in them, in case I have some people in the office who don't want to "drink."

I can't wait to try one of the alcoholic ones tomorrow. Could be a total hit or a total failure. But it's got alcohol in it... So I am gonna guess they will be a hit.

Comments

Anonymous said…
These are awesome. I hope he likes them!
Anonymous said…
I hope you guys enjoyed the cupcakes!
Me said…
We did, thanks! They were awesome.

Popular Posts