Tuesday Morning.

My alarm goes off at 5:20am. I pop up out of bed. I stumble to the bathroom. I brush my teeth. I pack my make-up bag. Done in there.

My eyes are more awake at this point. I head into the dressing room and pull clothes to wear for work today. (I went with some Raven jeans, a Vince trapeze top, Vince grey cardigan and red Jimmy Choo flats.) Then I throw on my workout clothes and slip on my trainers. I give my fingers a burn as I try to tightly pull the laces of the shoes.

I bring my make-up bag and clothes to the living room, where I toss everything into my skull and crossbones gym bag that I bought at Jasmine Sola over two years ago. (It's the only thing I have ever bought from there that didn't fall apart.) I pack my heart monitor and water bottle into the bag as well. And then I remember, "My iPod!" and pack that too.

I slip on my Winter coat (silently praying I won't need it much longer), and wrap my green scarf around my neck twice. I head out the apartment door, and go to lock it up... But then I remember The Husband is still sleeping in bed, ignorant of what it means to get up early to work out... So I decide to leave it unlocked.

I hed down the stairs and open the front door. It's not as cold as I expected. But a coat and scarf are still very much a good idea. I begin walking towards the gym. I tuck my iPod buds into my ears and turn on my iPod.

But there is no sound coming into them.

I flip over the iPod and try to call up the on-screen menu. A warning that my iPod battery is about run out comes up.

Damn.

Working out at the gym after my training session isn't going to be much fun if I don't have music.

"Should I bail on the extra workout?" I ask myself.

I decide not to. I am trying to be a better and healthier person these days. Well, at least on Tuesdays. I go back to being an unhealthy bitch on Wednesdays.

Comments

Dan said…
Good decision. Once you make the effort to work out, you should never bail. You would have been in a bad mood all day and wondered how you got there.

Popular Posts