Speaking Of Coffee... And Greasy Food...

Something is up with me. Between getting sick and this yoga challenge, my body is behaving weird lately.

What do I mean?

Well, first of all... I seem to have developed a severe distaste for coffee lately. Now, I weened myself off coffee a few weeks back. So I do not need it like I used to. However, I do love the smell and taste. And I can imagine myself enjoying the odd cup every now and then each week... Like the way I enjoy a glass of red wine.

However, the past two attempts I have made at enjoying a cup have left me feeling "ill".

"Why does coffee taste this way for me lately?" I asked this morning, while trying to enjoy a cup from Starbucks. "It has a faint hint of salami and cigarettes!"

My co-worker, who I was talking to, thought I was weird. But I insist to you, that is what it tasted like. And that is what it tasted like to me the other day when I got a cup. I couldn't finish more than a few sips of either beverage.

Then, I decided to get a chicken sandwich from Wendy's for lunch today. I was starving, and protein sounded quite nice. However, about 20 minutes after eating the sandwich, I had upper stomach pains. And 20 minutes later I was in a cab, on my way home. I had a few minutes to spare in the apartment before I got sick. So for some reason, I seem to be off greasy food too.

But I have shifted in what I am eating lately. Gone seems to be my craving for cheese and pasta. What I've been feeding on is yogurt and clementines instead. And cinnamon toast. I can't seem to think of anything more divine than cinnamon toast.

I will be skipping yoga tonight, for obvious dehydrating reasons. But I can easily make up tonight's class over this weekend.

Comments

BFW (Tammy) said…
Not to freak out out... but take a pregnancy test! When I got pregnant, my normally strong Starbucks cravings turned to disgust. I had NO desire to drink coffee. Also, I craved fruit. Green apples to be specific. Hopefully it's just your body getting used to healthy thing... UNLESS you WANT to be pregnant! :)
Me said…
Oh I'm definitely not pregnant. I'm on the pill.

Popular Posts