Blueberry Pancakes!

I got up this morning craving pancakes. However, I had a problem: No pancake mix. No syrup.

What to do???

Bust out the cookbooks and improvise!

I found a recipe for pancakes in one of the dozens of cookbooks I have. I had all the ingredients but sour cream. So I decided to use vanilla yogurt in its place. So one problem solved. The pancakes were a "go."

Now the syrup... No maple syrup in sight. And I REFUSE to put honey on pancakes. (It's WRONG.) So I pulled out a bag of frozen blueberries from the freezer. I dumped a cup of them into a sauce pan with a few tablespoons of water. Then I added four tablespoons of sugar and got everything boiling.

Everything turned out great. They were so good!

Comments

Vanessa said…
Way to improvise! Those look great!
Anonymous said…
I looooove blueberry pancakes. Those look delicious.

Popular Posts