Yes, I can't wait to get back to work. But it's partly because my VPN has not been working this weekend.
Now, I don't know for certain that my recovery time was speedier than anyone else's... But let's just say that Thursday I couldn't even get out of bed once I decided I was sick... And today, I was out of bed at 7am. (Which was really 6am, give the whole "spring ahead" shit we had to do today.) I got up, showered, did more laundry and even went grocery shopping.
So, you may be wondering, "How did she come around so quickly?"
Well, here's all you need to fight the flu...
- Orange juice. Two gallons.
- Sparkling water to mix in the orange juice (cuz straight orange juice from the carton is gross and thick.)
- Strawberry Poptarts. (I only eat these after they've been heated in the toaster. And I also only eat them when I am sick.)
- Theraflu, every four hours, three times a day.
- Four pairs of yoga pants.
- Four tank tops.
- Four long-sleeved tees.
- Thick socks.
- Queen-sized bed with Simmons Beauty Rest Mattress, all to your self. (Send significant other to Florida.)
- Netflix DVDs and Sex and the City DVDs.
- Whole wheat toast with cinnamon sugar.
- Epsom salts and eucalyptus essential oil. (Soak once a day for 30 minutes.)
- Sleep. As much as possible.
Speaking of sleep though... Last night was a rough night. But I'll write about that in another post. I hope none of you come down with the flu. It sucks.