Two New Shows, They Both Sucked.

In the past week, I have had the displeasure of watching two new TV shows that seemed very promising. They ended up sucking more than anything else I have seen in a long time. Funny enough, both shows are on Fox.

The first show, Unhitched, is about a group of friends (one or two who are recently divorced) who like to hang out. They are all in their 30s, and live in Boston. This show was incredibly flat. As in, "It was flat-out not funny for even a second." I was reading in a magazine this weekend that the show's female lead, Rashida Jones from The Office fame, was drawn to the script because of how funny she found it to be.

I can only surmise that she must have been high on crack when she read the script if she actually found it funny.

The jokes in the script are not delivered well by the "talent" they have filling the roles. And I truly don't think the cast really flows together. The show was just bad.

The second show I caught, The Return Of Jezebel James, I was really excited about... It was written by the the chick who created the Gilmore Girls. It came on Friday night. I managed to get through the first 15 minutes before my husband begged me to change the channel.

"For the love of God," he cried, "Please change it! This is so bad!"

And he wasn't lying. It was very bad. Also flat, it just lacked in delivery. Such a shame too... Parker Posey and Lauren Ambrose are the stars... And they are phenomenal actresses. But I can't envision this show getting very far. It's not funny.

I really hope the writers are now refreshed from their strike and are writing better shit. Cuz the current shit sucks.

Comments

Popular Posts