Beach Reads.

I have about four full days in the Turks and Caicos next week... And I read so quickly that I know I will need a good number of books to keep me occupied on the beach.

Thanks to a few readers' recommendations, I have put together a solid list of paperback books that I have purchased and am taking with me in my carry-on (because I ain't packing hard covers!).

The Female Brain - Touted as being "particularly useful to women..." This is an analysis of the female brain and female hormones. So it's of particular interest to me right now.

The Universe In A Single Atom - Written by the Dalai Lama, he examines the similarities between science and spirituality... Sounds like a very enticing book.

Dress Your Family In Corduroy And Denim - This is David Sedaris. Enough said.

Julie & Julia - This is one of those true stories about a girl who feels stuck in a rut and does something to change her life. In Julie's case, it's picking up where Julia Child left off... Or, at least tries to.

I will be sure to pick up some magazines for the flight down. And I will pack a few DVDs for the evenings at the resort. Should be relaxing.

Comments

Anonymous said…
so. jealous.

have a blast :)
danny/ink2metal said…
the david sedaris book is such a great read. all his books are, aren't they?

anyway, unfortunately you'll probably breeze through it in no time. it's hard to put down so you'll read it all in one sitting.

the dalai lama book sounds interesting. i'll have to check that one out.

Popular Posts