Private Pilates Session.

As part of my gym's membership, each member is entitled to one free Pilates session with an instructor. It's not the Pilates done on the mat, it's a session done on the machines... Which I had never done before.... Till tonight.

Normally, when I do a Pilates class, I don't feel like I get much of a workout. I took a mat class last night, in fact, and my heart rate didn't go over a 100 beats per minute. Sure, Pilates is a "core-focused" class... But come on.

So, tonight, I decided to finally try my free session on the machines. It was interesting. Most of the time was spent chatting about my general fitness goals. So I only got a few repetitions on each of the machines. And again, I only burned a handful of calories.

So, I'm not really impressed with the "workout" that I get from Pilates But... I am going to do at least one more private session in about two weeks. I think it has the potential to do good things. So I want to try a full session where all I do is work out.

Comments

danny/ink2metal said…
those pilates machines look like medieval torture devices! you are brave.

for now i will stick to my yoga mat. ba-dum-pum!

but i am interested to read what you have to say. i've only seen the machines at my gym in action once. it's now been at least a month and i haven't seen anyone on them since.

Popular Posts