Chased By A Skunk.

Odd dream last night... I was in a classroom in a high school. I was a student there. I went into one classroom and sat down. I was staring in one direction, and out of the corner of my eye, I saw a small black creature crawl past me.

I momentarily thought it was a black kitten. I was wrong. It was a skunk.

I immediately began to worry that he would spray on me, so I walked quickly out of the room. He kept following me though. So I moved more quickly. I temporarily lost him. I then decided I had to go pee, so I went to find a bathroom.

But when I got to the bathroom, there was someone sitting on the toilet, and I couldn't use it. (No surprise.)

That's all I can remember. I didn't get sprayed by the skunk. Here's what the dream dictionary says about these elements:

Skunk - To see a skunk in your dream, suggests that you may be driving people away or turning people off. (Which I don't think applies to me, as the skunk was chasing me.)Alternatively, it indicates that all is calm about a certain situation but you do not necessarily like it or agree with it.

Chase - To dream that you are being chased, signifies that you are avoiding a situation that you do not think is conquerable. It is often a metaphor for some form of insecurity. In particular, to dream that you are chased by an animal, represents your own unexpressed and unacknowledged anger which is being projected onto that animal. Alternatively, you may be running away from a primal urge or fear.

Bathroom - To dream that you are in the bathroom, relates to your instinctual urges. You may be experiencing some burdens/feelings and need to "relieve yourself". Alternatively, it may symbolize purification and self-renewal. You need to cleanse yourself, both emotionally and psychologically.

To dream that you are in a public restroom with no stalls, signifies your frustrations about getting enough privacy. It may also indicate that you are having difficulties letting go of old emotions. If you reveal these feelings, you are afraid that others around you will judge and criticize you.

To dream that you can not find the bathroom, signifies that you are have difficulties in releasing and expressing your emotions.

So, apparently I have emotions that I am not releasing. And I am avoiding a situation because I don't agree with it. I have no idea what it is referring to. So this bothers me.

I'm going to yoga tonight.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Clearly, you still owe your old High School english teacher a book report...
Me said…
Wow. That is AWESOME analysis CT.
Anonymous said…
you dont know me, but i was dreaming about ALOT of skunks chasing me as i was going through the woods,, it stayed with me so strong that i got up and googled skunks chasing people and saw your post,,,thankyou for sharing,,right on,,,in the dream interpretation, I know what i have to do,,, I have to deal with the issue,,thanks again,,,keep writing!

Popular Posts