A Sick Mind Is An Active, Dreamy Mind.

We were so exhausted last night, The Husband and I cuddled into bed and popped a DVD into the player. He had asked me to rent "Transformers" via Netflix last week, so I obliged.

I'll be honest, I wasn't really interested in seeing this film. But it actually wasn't that bad. My only real complaint with the movie was that it was WAAAY too long. Almost two and half hours!

I could only make it through the first two hours before I dozed off. And man, did I need it. I slept straight through the night, from about 10pm till 9am this morning.

When I woke up, I peeked through the black out drapes in our room and saw sunshine and a beautiful blue sky. Two minutes later, I had on my bikini, tunic and flip flops. And I was heading out the door to the beach.

"You're going to the beach?" asked the Husband.

"Yep!" I said.

he joined me about three hours later, after he had slept in for a while longer, eaten breakfast and gone to the shopping area down the street to get some cold medicine for me and some extra water bottles.

The beach was gorgeous and quiet. I laid on a chair, got some sun and read Wendy Wasserstein's "Elements of Style." In the early afternoon, we had lunch, and then I settled in for a nap in the room while The Husband went back out to the beach.

When I woke, The Husband said he could tell I was in a deep sleep.

"You're eyelids were fluttering back and forth," he informed me.

And I definitely was having a deep sleep. I dreamed a lot last night and this afternoon. And I do remember elements of both sleep activities. Last night's involved me going up stairs to get to a beauty appointment. And this afternoon's involved me trying to plant strawberries in little patches around the resort I am staying in this afternoon.

Being sick always induces very memorable dreams for me.

Comments

Popular Posts