Power Body Detox - So Cool!

Ohmigosh! I LOVED this treatment!

After a Pilates session this evening, I headed over to Exhale to finally test out the Power Body Detox treatment they offer there. It was way cool.

The total treatment takes about 90 minutes. And you are pretty much naked, except for a disposable thong they make you wear. First, the esthetician dry brushes your legs, butt, thighs and stomach. Then she swabs toner all over these same areas. This all helps get the skin really clean. Then, she applies a lotion to the areas. And then on goes another solution.

After all these solutions get put on, she then puts a pillow/mattress thing underneath you legs and bum. This pillow has a seaweed clay, gauze and electrodes on it. Once the pillow is in place, a gauze is then put over the tops of your legs, thighs and belly. Then goes the same clay and the electrodes.

This whole cleaning and set-up process takes about the first 45 minutes. No lie. Then, the machine gets turned on. And wow!

You REALLY feel your muscles getting worked!

At first, you feel a tingling and "pins & needles" sensation. The machine goes in three second spurts... Three seconds rest and three seconds of stimulation to the muscles. The longer the machine works, the deeper the stimulation gets... And it feels like a deep tissue massage.

It's a weird sensation. You don't have control over your muscles contracting. It's weird and cool.

I will definitely go back for another treatment sometime in the future.

Comments

Anonymous said…
How many inches did you loose?
Me said…
You know... I didn't measure myself before the treatment. Galina (a superstar) offered to measure me. But I declined. I was more interested in what the pocedure felt like than what it actually took off.

Before the next treatment, I will measure myself. I wasn't sore from the treatment, but I could feel my muscles getting worked.

Popular Posts