Emo Hair.

Just got back from my day of beauty... It started at 9am with my hair getting colored and cut at Umi Salon on Newbury.

Why did I ever stop going to that place????

Actually, I do know why I did... It's because I wanted to try out different places for beauty treatments. And since I am so anal about my skin and who touches it (I only go to Exhale for facials), I figured I could be casual with who did my hair.

I mean, hair is pretty hard to screw up. My hair is anyways.

But now that I have gone back to Umi, I don't think I can go anywhere else ever again. They just do too good a job that you can't help but be afraid no other salon will measure up.

I had two different people work on my hair today than when I last went there a year and a half ago. Jennifer did the color, Erin did the cut. And they both did amazing jobs.

The color is nearly all a nice dark brown. There is a hint of light brownish/blonde where the streak of pink once was... But it looks like a natural highlight. And my hair isn't dry. It's nice and smooth. And I have to give Umi props on their staff when it comes to coloring hair... At most other places I have been to have my hair colored, they do kinda of a sloppy job at making sure they don't let the dark brown color bleed down past your hairline. But not the staff at Umi. They take care of any bleeding color ASAP. They even have a special formula to do it. So I have no awkward bleed marks. And that is a first.

The hair was cut dry, since I was adamant about it remaining on the longer side, but wanting it severely thinned out. Erin took her time doing it, and it was well worth it. It's sleek and much thinner. I can't wait to see what happens when I go to blow dry it with my T3 later this week. It'll probably only take me 5 minutes to do it all, instead of 10!

So if you want an amazing color job and a kick ass cut, definitely go to Umi on Newbury.

Though, I have to confess, my hair does have kinda of an Emo look to it now when I wear art of it in my face. But I love it!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I like it :)
It's great that they're so attentive. I once walked out if a salon with brown dye all along my hairline. I never went back there.
Anonymous said…
very nice. i actually need to hit up the salon...soon! i haven't had a cut since july...and the ends, they are frayed. plus i need them to see if they can darken the bottom half that is (to me anyway) noticeably lighter than the top half...

seriously, guys have it so much easier.
Me said…
So true! Guys have it way easy. The Husvand went and got his haircut this morning... It took all of 20 minutes, and cost him $15. Mine took nearly three hours and cost close to $300 (without the tip.) But it was so worth it.
Anonymous said…
Your hair's so emo it cuts itself.

Sorry that was lame.
Me said…
LOL! That is funny Elisabeth!
mamuwe said…
Hey I had a cut from Erin at Umi too. And now I can't find her. They won't give out her info since she left. Do you remember her last name?
Me said…
Oh I don't! She was fabulous. Jen, who used to just do my hair color, now cuts my hair. She is fabulous too. I would recommend you go with her.

Popular Posts