Cell Phone Jammers.

I seriously need one of these black box devices for my gym. When activated, they make cell phones unusable.

And my gym is seriously in need of them.

Despite a lobby-posted notice about not using cell phones on the gym floor and locker rooms, and ANOTHER notice in the locker room, people still continue to use their cell phones in the gym and locker rooms.

I don't know why people are so lame that they can't hold off on using their cell phones for an hour and a half while they work out. Are they this co-dependent with everything else in their life too?

There was one girl yesterday at the gym who was stretching in the same area as me. She was "passively" stretching... Reading a magazine while laying on the ground. Then I heard a buzzing sound coming from her leg. She pulled out her Blackberry phone and began having a conversation.

She saw my evil look at her, and she got up and walked away.

"There's a no cell phone policy in here!" I called after her.

The other people stretching around me looked at her walk away too. I have no idea (or care) if they agree with the policy. Bottom line though is, it's the rule. Either follow it or don't come to the gym. I don't believe in breaking rules.

I just think people who have to use their phone while at the gym are losers. Get a life people!

Comments

mrgoldenbrown said…
You don't need a jammer - just tell people to put their cell phones away if they are being inappropriate. Jammers are passive aggressive and will just result in anti-jammer technology becoming popular. If two people were talking too loudly to each other in the locker room you wouldn't go out and buy a white noise machine, you'd just ask them to be quieter. Jammers are illegal for a reason - they block more than just annoying cell phones - they block emergency frequencies, wifi, and potentially harm people with pacemakers.
Me said…
Good to know. I had no idea. Thanks!
Misty said…
the lack of cell phone etiquette drives me nuts. People loudly conversing in restaurants/check out lines and talking or texting in movie theaters. GAH!
Anonymous said…
A decidedly low-tech solution -- speak to the management. If they've established the policy, it's because other customers have complained too. They don't want customers cancelling their contracts. Most likely there are more annoyed customers than annoying ones. You're not alone!
Me said…
So true.

Though, I think my gym has a few people (not everyone there, but a few) who think they are above the rules because they pay so much to work out there.

Their attitude sometimes comes across as, "I have money, therefore the rules don't apply to me."

I disagree completely with that attitude. just because you have disposable income for a nice gym doesn't mean you get to ignore rules.
Anonymous said…
I know this device is illegal but it could be useful to avoid that annoying people who insists in disturbing our silence... For the ones who also liked the idea, I've found a video (http://www.weshow.com/us/p/22051/cell_phone_jammer) that shows some interesting information about cell phone jammers: its functions, how it looks like inside and the best part is an information we all want to know: how effective it is. Hmm... I liked this video, maybe these informations can be useful in the future...
Anonymous said…
I know this device is illegal but it could be useful to avoid that annoying people who insists in disturbing our silence... For the ones who also liked the idea, I've found a video (http://www.weshow.com/us/p/22051/cell_phone_jammer) that shows some interesting information about cell phone jammers: its functions, how it looks like inside and the best part is an information we all want to know: how effective it is. Hmm... I liked this video, maybe these informations can be useful in the future...

Popular Posts