Deceptively Intriguing.

I'm a sucker for cookbooks. I own about 20 of them. On top of that, I have every issue (48 of them) of Martha Stewart's Everyday Food. (I began collecting them back when I worked there.)

So I like to cook.

One cookbook I was hesitant to add to my library, though, was "Deceptively Delicious: Simple Secrets to Get Your Kids Eating Good Food" by Jessica Seinfeld.



Why? Well, it's a children's cookbook. And I have no children. (Unless you count The Husband... Which sometimes I do.) But I loved Seinfeld's method of hiding vegetables in yummy, everyday foods.

So while out shopping today, I picked up a copy to flip through. The first recipe I turned to had me completely sold on buying it: Blueberry Lemon Muffins (with yellow squash puree).

"Squash in muffins?" I asked myself. "How?!?"

As I continued to flip through the book, I saw Seinfeld's method... Using vegetable and fruit purees mixed in with regular ingredients deceptively hides the vegetables and fruits in ways that pure genius.

"This is a great 'diet/healthy eating' book for adults!" I thought.

So I picked up a copy to buy.

The first recipe I want to try out are the Blueberry Lemon Muffins. But there's all kinds of great recipes... Including chicken nuggets (with spinach puree), mozzarella sticks (with cauliflower puree), grilled cheese sandwiches (with butternut squash or sweet potato puree), lemon raspberry cupcakes (with squash and beet purees.)

Sounds yummy! And you get your veggies at the same time? Genius!

Comments

Anonymous said…
this has been on my amazon wishlist since i saw jessica seinfeld on oprah...hopefully santa brings me this for christmas (and if he doesn't, i'll just pick it up after xmas :)

Popular Posts