Looc Boutique: Doesn't Really Fit.

Call me a "snob" if you must... But I am not a fan of Looc Boutique here in the South End.

I stopped in for the second time ever this afternoon. And while it is a cute shop with the minimalist decorations (the space is excellent), it really just does not fit in here in the South End.

It's too simple. Simple in decor and simple in it's offerings.

Don't get me wrong... I spotted quite a few cocktail-y and pretty dresses that were severely priced beyond my budget. (And you probably thought I didn't even have one!) And the hair accessories were quite pretty. (Feathered headbands... Like you see at many other places.) But the joint seemed to lack personality.

I guess if you offer pieces by "up and coming" designers, you can slap whatever price you want on the pieces... And expect people to fawn over your "unique style." But as pretty as those pieces were, I did worry about their construction and durability.

Some of the pieces were so delicate that I wondered whether or not they would fall apart after one or two wearings.

Bottom line: Cute stuff. But the store is not cozy. It's rather cold. As was the service both times I went in to peek at the selection.

Comments

Popular Posts