Marshmallow Mermaid Pie.

One of my favorite movies from this year was Waitress. (If you haven't seen it, add it to your Netflix queue PRONTO.)

I bought my copy of the DVD on Friday, and watched it as soon as I got home that evening. Included in my copy though were pie recipes. Recipes from the movie.

In the movie, Kerri Russell's character, Jenna, is known for her pie-making abilities. She can create a pie recipe on the spur of the moment. And she can execute the pie to the final product beautifully.

One of the first pies you see Jenna carrying around is her Marshamallow Mermaid Pie. I have no idea where the "mermaid" in the pie comes in... But it's a pretty fun pie to make. And it was one of the recipes included in the box. So I had to make it this weekend. And I did...



It's quite colorful. And VERY sweet. It's got marshmallows, whipped cream, butter, coconut, chocolate, graham crackers and maraschino cherries. I couldn't quite finish my slice after dinner tonight, despite it being very good.

I love pie making though. And I made this one entirely from scratch, including the graham cracker crust. I guess the holiday baking season is upon me.

Comments

I was looking for a recipe for this pie after watching the movie, and stumbled across your blog. Thanks for the link to the recipe! What version of the DVD did you buy? Mine didn't have any recipes in it!
Me said…
LOL!

I bought my DVD at Borders on Friday. There were two types available... One that was just the DVD for about $20... And then there was also the "Special Edition" one that was originally $30, but marked down to $20.
Anonymous said…
I'm not gonna lie....I am pretty damn sure I would not eat that pie. In fact that pie kinda scares me! Kudos for making it from sratch.
Me said…
Really? You wouldn't eat it? It's really good. Especially the crust. You can only take in one small slice at a time though. Any more than that, and it's just too much sweetness.
Anonymous said…
I was thinking it would be one of those pretty aqua colored fillings you see in the movie, maybe lime or coconut flavored. I'm going to create my own version, the one you made sounds too sweet, but so glad you shared the picture and info on the recipes!
Anonymous said…
what is a graham cracker??
Me said…
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_cracker
Anonymous said…
i would love to make all the pies from the movie as i just saw it on lifetime today. i googled the film so that i could also buy the "Special Edition" but i can't find it anywhere would you be willing to share the recipes?

Popular Posts