Tis The Season To GIve Back Betches.

A co-worker of mine sent me a link to a really thoughtful and cool site she found online.

I had been telling her how one of my search vendors sent me an AWESOME gift this year... It was a gift card to DonorsChoose.org. That's a site where you donate money to a specific classroom project in America. You can search their bank of proposals by region or by project. I chose to donate the $100 the vendor gifted me to a kindergarten classroom here in Boston that wanted to use the money to buy more books to teach kids to read. (I tried finding a preschool classroom in my sister's district in West Phoenix... No such luck though.)

But after telling my co-worker about DonorsChoose, she sent me a link to Kiva.org.

Kiva is a website that follows the same idea as DonorsChoose. Only with Kiva, you loan out money to entrepreneurs in developing countries. The idea is to help get them out of poverty, and able to support themselves. Once they are able, they pay you back. And most people tend to put the money they get paid back right back into another project through Kiva.

For both DonorsChoose and Kiva,you can donate any amount that you want. You can help fund a project with a small donation, or you can choose to fund an entire project yourself.

Both are great ways to give back. And, you get to choose which project your money goes toward.

Comments

Popular Posts