The Daring Book For Girls.

About two weeks ago, as I made my weekly pilgrimage to Barnes and Noble, I picked a book I had seen displayed for quite some time. It was called, "The Daring Book For Girls."



The "Girls" book was based on another book aimed towards boys (quite blatantly) with the title, "The Dangerous Book For Boys."

I never picked up the "Boys" book... But in the "Girls" book are all kinds of useful things for females (of ALL ages) to know. These useful things include:
  • How to negotiate a salary.
  • How to change a tire.
  • Japanese T-shirt folding. (I guess it's better than American folding.)
  • Math tricks. (Tips for easily solving certain types of math problems. Can't always rely on the calculator.)
  • Info on the Periodic Table of Elements.
It's an eclectic mix of information. And even though you may think (by looking at the cover) that it's aimed for girls of a young age, it's totally not. This info is useful for women of all ages.

I will have to pick up and at least look at the "Boys" book though. I'd like to know what makes it so "Dangerous."

Comments

Anonymous said…
I was looking at this when I was at Borders the other day. Almost bought it!
Me said…
You should have! I think it's a great reference book.
Anonymous said…
Well lucky for me I got a gift card for Borders. I might just head there this afternoon and grab a copy :)

Popular Posts