Tale Of Two Presents.

I grew up with a mother who knew how to seriously wrap some gifts.

The corners were perfect. The bows were properly placed, and often color-coordinated to the wrapping. And the gift tags were usually inventive... At Christmastime, you never got just gifts from "Santa." You also got them from "Mrs. Claus," "The Reindeer" and "The Elves."

I think a few times, we got gifts from select reindeer... Like "Rudolph." And then there was the year when Santa and his team weren't able to get done making my brother J.'s Miami Dolphins football uniform (for children), and Santa left J. a nice note under the tree, promising that it was certainly on it's way. But the "elves got behind on the toy making."

J. was cool with that. (I wonder if he still has the outfit? It even had the helmet!)

Well, my mother's wrapping ability has rubbed off on me. I'm not quite as "Type A" as my mother is, but I do have elements of it. I do wrap gifts nicely.

The Husband, however, does not.

Here's is a side-by-side view of our two gifts for each other.



The top one (in red) was wrapped by me. The blue one was wrapped by The Husband.

Here is another shot of my wrapped gift for The Husband.



See the beautiful "flatness" of the wrapping? And the sharp corners?

Here is a closer look at The Husband's wrapping job on my gift.



This is shameful. Actually, this present is one of the better-wrapped ones he has done. They're normally not this wrapped this well.

His gift wrapping ability, however, does it make it very easy to unwrap his gift to me, see what it is, and then re-wrap it (crappy style) without him ever knowing.

Why bother wrapping the gift at all if you're going to make it too easy for me to sneak a peek man?

Comments

freeandflawed said…
I just finished wrapping all my gifts. I'm pretty anal about the wrap-job. I like it to look nice. Sometimes there are those awkward shaped gifts that just refuse to look pretty.

When I was younger my dad would use an entire roll of tape on one gift (or so it seemed) I couldn't for the life of me find an untaped edge to start at!

Popular Posts