At Least U Of A Was In The Top 100...

My husband just sent me a link to this article in US News on college rankings for 2008.

Now, I went (quite proudly) to the University of Arizona. I chose to go to the U of A (despite my WHOLE family's objections - as they are devout Arizona State University fans) because it was far enough from my parents and extended family. Also, all the smart kids from my high school who didn't go out of state went to the U of A. And the journalism program was quite respected at Arizona.

So I was happy with my choice of university. And I accepted that I would be ridiculed by family (and some friends) for the rest of my life. (Though, the only thing they can nag me on is how bad the University of Arizona football team is. There really isn't anything else they have. Arizona State's football program has always been good. And will likely stay that way.)

But now, I am having a bit of a laugh to myself. The US News college rankings show the University of Arizona at 96 out of 124 positions for the US colleges.

And where does Arizona State rank, you ask? (I know you may not have... But I'll pretend you did.)

Arizona State University ranked DEAD LAST. At 124.



To be fair though, they were joined in last position with seven other schools... But Arizona State was listed last.

I guess Arizona State is a social (read: party) and sports school. The University of Arizona is, I guess, for the egg-heads in the state.

I'm quite happy being a geek. (They did, after all, film The Revenge of the Nerds on the University of Arizona campus. So I guess it all fits.)

Comments

Popular Posts