Starbucks Pick-Up.

Perhaps I should feel flattered.

There must be something about me that says "single and available" lately. (Which I am NOT.)

I just got back from the "D-Team" Starbucks acrossthe streetfrom my office. While in line, waiting for my drink, a man decided to hand me a piece of paper with his name, telephone number and email address.

He told me his name was "Tony" and that he was a graduate student at Northeastern.

"You look very Irish," he said to me. "You remind me of the girls in Dublin when I studied there two years ago."

"Thanks man," I said. "I'm Mexican."

This didn't seem to throw him. He began to tell me about a drum and bass show that he would be performing at later this week, and he really wanted me to go.

"If you're interested," he said, "contact me and I'll send you the information."



I thanked him, and he left.

I walked back to my office and told my co-worker E. about my encounter. I showed her the paper with his contact info. She flipped it over.



"He wrote it on the back of a Moneygram receipt," she observed. "It's good to know he has cash flow coming in from somewhere."

He must be a real high roller.

Comments

Anonymous said…
A bit about about the pick-up line.

"You like very Irish," he said to me. "You remind me of the girls in Dublin when I studied there two years ago."

In two seconds, you get 'I travel, I'm educated and I have disposable income', including the digits on the back of the Moneygram trick. That's got to work at least six out of ten times up here, no?

Lastly, did he not eyeball the ring?
Me said…
I don't know... I was sporting The Ring on my right hand, like I normally do.

I don't know if it works or not... But it didn't work on me. Even if I had been single.
Drum & Bass? That's from when I was in college - 1995-1999.

It's the 21st century bro!

How are things going? I forgot you were half mexican!

I saw a clip of Diane DiNigris on Fox News' Red Eye last week. You still in contact with her?

Hope all is well. And, it's not that you look "single and looking" but that you're hot. There will never be an end to the steady stream of guys (and losers) that slobber all over you.

That's where your man comes in and set some folks straight.
Me said…
LOL! Thanks Aaron. My fellow former cheerleader.

I keep forgetting that one of my good friends fromhigh school and cheers is Mrs. World. So trippy.

And, she's even more gorgeous than she was in high school. Holy crap.
Anonymous said…
Just curious - why do you wear The Ring on your right hand, not your left?

Popular Posts