Right Hand Ring.

Someone left a comment wondering why it is that I wear my engagement ring on my right hand.


A lot of people have asked me this. And there are a few reasons I wear my engagement ring on my right ring finger, while wearing my wedding band on my left ring finger.

While engaged, of course, I wore my engagement ring on my left hand. When we went ring shopping for our wedding bands, I decided that I didn't want a platinum band. I wanted a brushed white gold band. But my engagement ring was done in platinum. And the two metals next to each other just don't look right to me. So that's one reason.

Another reason is that I just think it looks really matronly to have the wedding and engagement band on the same finger IF THEY ARE NOT PART OF A SET. If you have a matching set, you should definitely wear them on the same finger. But I didn't want a set.

Another reason is the style if my engagement band. My husband took me ring shopping about six months before he proposed. We went to Tiffany's on 5th Avenue. I tried on various styles of rings. I said I liked a simple square solitaire on a white gold or platinum band. Over the next six months, he worked with a jeweler on the diamond district to have the ring made. So I feel like after all the work he put into selecting the setting and the diamond (not to mention the cost), the engagement ring really deserves a hand of its own.

Plus, a lot of the brides I worked with in NYC (back when I worked at The Evil Empire) wore their engagement rings on their right hands after they got married too. So it was a style I picked up from them as well.

Comments

Anonymous said…
i have always like the look of just a wedding band on the left hand, without the clutter of two rings...but i always wanted an engagement ring too...why i didn't think of this solution before?

very nice engagement ring by the way :)
Me said…
LO!L Thanks! I've had it for about five years now. I never lost it. (Knock on wood.) I almost threw it away once ( be accident), but my co-worker found it in time.

Popular Posts