Back In The U.S. Of A.

Glad to be back!

I always feel that way when I've been away from home for more than a few days. I like having my comforts around, right at my finger tips... You know, like the following:
  • Washer and half-working dryer.
  • Full range of beauty products. (Because let's face it... If you are determined, like me, to not check luggage, you can't bring any thing other than the very basics in your little plastic quart-sized baggie. I'm dying for a facial mask treatment!)
  • Starbucks coffee. (The coffee in Cabo was weak.)
  • Television without subtitles. (Though it was fun watching The Price Is Right with Spanish sub-titles.)
  • Free wireless.
  • Aromatherapy candles.
  • Raspberry-lime sparkling water.
Of course... Some of the things listed above I can get while on vacation in certain spots of the globe. But they were definitely the draw for me to decline an offer to stay in Cabo an extra day when the airline asked if The Husband and I would be willing to be bumped.

"We will give you a $200 voucher to anywhere in the U.S."

"Umm," I said. "No thanks. We're ready to go home."

Now, here I am... At half past midnight, typing away on my free wireless while drinking my sparkling water, with an Astara papaya mask on my face, doing laundry and smelling my blood orange candle. (And since I will only be getting about fours of sleep tonight... I will be needing the Starbucks coffee tomorrow morning.)

Ahh... Home!

Comments

Popular Posts