"This Is Why I Don't Have A Husband."

These were the words spoken by a friend from work after I read this statistic out loud to her:

Having a husband creates an extra seven hours a week of housework for women, according to a University of Michigan study of a nationally representative sample of U.S. families.

A few moments before, my friend, CT, had sent me this article, "Exactly how much housework does a husband create?"

Not surprisingly, a wife actually doesn't appear to create any more housework for the husband.

Overall though... Wives are doing less housework than they used to, as men have started doing more. And I know my husband certainly does his fair share. But I certainly do hear from many women that their spouses (male or female) certainly don't do as much as they would like.

Comments

Popular Posts