Researching London Trip.

So, the last time I was in London was five years ago when I worked for the Evil Empire. I was only there for about three and a half days, and it was somewhat of a business trip.

It was also a last minute trip, so I hadn't researched anything before going. I ended up doing a lot of fun things that were easy to access... The Tower of London, the London Eye, Big Ben, Harrods...

So, since I had plenty of advance notice for my trip this week (I leave today... Yay!), I decided to investigate some London attractions that I need to see this time around. Because I am going with one co-worker who has never been to London, I will be doing the Tower of London again. (It was my favorite thing from the previous trip anyway.) But this time, I am hoping to do a few other cool things... Including:
  • Drinks in South Bank
  • Catching a show in the West End
  • London Dungeon
  • And any reasonable shopping I can get in between working
It is a work trip... But I plan to explore as much as possible. With the exchange rate from American coin to British coin being so lousy, I may not get to do another trip to London anytime soon. I can find a cheap flight to London easily (yes, cheap travel can be found in this ridiculously slumping economy... you just have to be flexible in how and when you travel!), but once I get there, I have to be smart about how I spend my money.

So I am keeping my London travel guide very close by as I meander the streets across the pond. It's a damn good thing the weather is supposed to be good this week while I am there... The more free "site-seeing" I can do, the better it will be on my wallet.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Have fun on your trip!

Bring me back a postcard! (I collect them :D)

Popular Posts