What Colors Do You See When You Do Bikram?

I introduced my friend "M" to Bikram a few months back. I work with M, and she had spent the past year listening to me go on and on about how much I like practicing this particular yoga... So she decided to try a class with me.

Since then, she's practiced a few times at the Harvard Square studio. And she asked me something recently...

"When you do camel pose, do you see green stars?"



"Wow," I said. "No. Do you?"

She said that she had... And that others have too. And they told her that it meant "the heart chakra was opening."

I got really excited.

"Oh wow!" I enthused. "That makes complete sense! Green is the color of the heart chakra."

Now I feel left out though. It seems that quite a few people have seen these. Why, in the three years of practicing, have I not ever seen them? Does my heart chakra not need to be opened?

The heart chakra, or "anahata", represents love, healing and devotion. It also represents, on psychic level, "accepting things happening in their own divine way." Which basically means accepting that some things are just meant to happen the way they do.

I think, actually, my heart chakra has a lot of "opening" to do. It's something I need to work diligently on in my practice. Last year, when I had my chakras balanced in Arizona, one of the things I had to do was visualize the color associated with each chakra as they were being worked on... The one chakra I had the most trouble with???

The heart.

My healer kept asking me to "visualize green light" pouring into my heart and recharging it. But no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't hold the image. It kept fading to black. I was blocked. Maybe I still am?

I guess this means I need to work even harder in camel pose (which is one of my best poses, in my opinion). I want to see green stars too.

And, I wonder if there are other chakra colors I should be seeing when I am in meditation?

Comments

thedancingj said…
Oh. Huh. I've never seen any colors at all. Occasionally I get dizzy somewhere around standing bow or feel like puking in locust, but that's about it, no interesting visual sensations so far...

J :)
Vanessa said…
I love it when you do posts like these!
Anonymous said…
I've seen stars but I thought it was because I was about to pass out too!

I've also seen a glowing outline around some people when I look at our reflections in the mirrors, but the lighting has to be just right and we have to have the right background.

don't know what any of it means but it's always cool!

Popular Posts