Beehive: They Have Serious Meat, And The Jazz is "Mathematical."

So... I think it's been open for at least nine months... (Maybe?) But tonight, I finally got around to visiting Beehive in the South End.

I mean, it's really ridiculous that even though it is right down the street from me, I had never been there. But I was really bowled over by the space inside. It's quite charming.

And the food... Well, it was serious. Check out the pork chop I ordered...



I wasn't expecting a a pork chop this serious. It was at least three inches thick... And at least seven inches long. Needless to say, I could only make it through half the chop. It was delicious though. And the mint julep and the chartreuse drinks I had were very charming as well.

One of my dining companions described the chartreuse drink as a "proper roller coaster of flavor." And it was. The first sip was sweet... Then it became slightly sour... Then you had a very "oregano" after-taste. And it was enjoyable.

Then, about 9pm, we had some live jazz going on in the back ground. And it was very "mathematical" jazz. To some, it may sound like noise. But to those who have developed even the slightest appreciation of jazz would enjoy the sound. The beats could easily be mistaken as being "all over the place." But I hear it as having a formula and a purpose. It flowed with intention. And it was great.

Great experience, overall. By the end of the evening, we were full and entertained... We didn't need to go elsewhere... Because we were "all set."

Comments

Popular Posts