How Am I Still Awake?

The small, black Chinoiserie alarm clock sang it's sad tune to me at about 5:16am. Four minutes later, my cell phone alarm clock echoed the same sentiments.

"It's time to get up!" they both sang. After only a few hours of sleep, they were both bossing me out of my warm bed.

"Ugh," I thought. "I have no energy after four hours of sleep."

But somehow, I managed to get my bum out of bed and head to the gym to meet my trainer. She was kindly lenient on me today. I got to sit down for some of my exercises. And there was no short bursts of jumps or skipping rope today. It was nice. And I managed to burn through 350 calories in the 50 minutes we had together.

But I won't lie people.. I'm in rough shape today. The only thing that seems to keep me perked up right now (and not falling asleep) is the fact that it is "Spring" outside.

It seems while I went away to a hot place for a vacation, Spring decided to finally appear.

I may walk to Whole Foods for lunch today. I may indeed.

Comments

Popular Posts