Happy Birthday To Me.

I am 31 now.

That doesn't feel old. It used to sound "old."

Good Things About Being In My 30s:
  • I have no wrinkles. Staying out of the sun and the tanning beds have been a good thing. My skin still has a youthful look to it. So no Botox for now.
  • I am at a stage in my life where I have a comfortable disposable income. Not because I am married, but because I have worked hard and have earned it independently. Travel, shoes, and handbags? If I want them, I can go get them... Within reason.
  • I am married to a great guy. I realize how lucky I am to have met him. We take care of each other... But he doesn't "crowd" me, like some people do in a relationship.
  • I exercise a lot more, and am actually much healthier than I was in my 20s.
  • I have a much more clear sense of style than I did in my 20s. I was really a wreck "style-wise" until about four years ago.
  • I am much more confident, and not intimidated by much.
  • I fear very little in life... Not personal death, not people, not even personal economic despair. I accept that bad things can happen... But I refuse to be afraid of it. I only fear cockroaches, snakes and some spiders. Oh yeah... And some creatures in the deep sea... And alligators... And the thought of moving to Toronto and never having Taco Bell again.
  • I officially feel like an adult now.
Now, I am off to get showered... So I can take myself out for brunch. (The Husband offered to do this, but I think I want to start the day by myself.) Then I will head out shopping and such.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday :)
CelticBuffy said…
Happy Birthday! You seem to be handling those first years of being thirty-something much better than I did! The thirties are actually a pretty good age. Have a great day!
Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday!!

PS - I couldn't tell if these two fears were inter-related, but there is Taco Bell in Canada now...12 locations in Toronto alone!
Me said…
Sweet-A, Anonymous!

You just gave me one of the best damn b-day presents!

THANK YOU!

Popular Posts