Summoned For Jury Duty...

In Arizona!

Apparently, even though I do not live in Cochise County, Arizona anymore, I still keep getting summoned for jury duty.

I haven't lived in Arizona in over eight years. I haven't lived in Cochise County in damn near 13 years. Yet, for some reason, the jury commissioner for Cochise County thinks that I do. And she sent me a "Prospective Juror Questionnaire."

In the questionnaire, it asks questions about my eligibility to serve as a juror in Cochise County. It asks the following:
  • Are you a US Citizen? (Yes)
  • Are you 18 years or older? (Yes)
  • Can you drive? (Yes)
  • Do you own a car? (No)
Under the section that says, "Reasons You Can't Serve Jury Duty," none of the reasons listed are reasons why I can't serve jury duty.

They ask if you are disabled and can't get to the court. They ask if you are in some kind of profession that prevents you from being available to serve jury duty. They ask if you are responsible for the care of someone else that would prevent you from serving on jury duty.

All valid questions... But, unfortunately, there is no response about not living in the county or state anymore. And, there's no space for me to fill in that "I live in another state."

So here's what I did...



I hope they don't mind I wrote on the form in an un-designated space. But seriously... I don't want to get arrested for failing to appear for jury duty the next time I fly to Arizona.

I mean... I've done a solid job evading all my other arrest citations that are currently active. If another one gets issued, they may have an easier time tracking me down and finally getting me.

Comments

Anonymous said…
LOL... I just was summoned for jury duty in Tucson! I filled the form in online emphasizing that I lived in Phoenix.
Me said…
You have never lived in Tucson... How the hell could they call you for duty in Tucson? That makes no sense.

Popular Posts