Tuscany Is Off.

Yes. True story folks. The Tuscany trip has been canceled.

Let's all cry for Frogger and I. (Tear!)

Here's what happened:

Frogger and I hit the Starbucks near the office here in London this morning. We get to the office, settle into our designated "desks" and log into our computers. A few minutes later, Frogger looks distraught...

"I just got the saddest email," she says.

I look at her.

"And you're not going to like it either," she adds.

A few seconds later, an email pops into my inbox. I open it and it reads:
"...I'm so sorry to inform you that we will have to cancel the conference this year. I'm not sure why, although I think the dropping U.S. dollar-to-Euro exchange rate is a big factor, but we were not able to draw enough participants to hold the conference this year..."

Such a bummer!

But, instead we have decided go to Rome instead during the same time. We have to rebook the flights and find a hotel in the city... But overall, the trip to Rome will be a lot cheaper than the trip to Tuscany.

So instead of writing on a hill-side villa, we will be writing in cafes. And instead of lolling by the pool, we will be dilly-dallying about the ancient city. And instead of milking a sheep at 4am, I can just go drink wine in a bar till 2am.

Plus, if you recall, I actually wanted to go to Rome in the first place. The Tuscany trip was a compromise of me traveling to Italy to write, but not having to do it alone to Rome. Now I can go to Rome, and not be by myself.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm glad it still works out well for you!
Anonymous said…
It stinks you won't be getting the "writing conference" part of the trip, but I have found the best trips I have ever been on were the ones I planned myself, without a group itinerary to follow.

You will still be in Italy, and what is better than that??

Popular Posts