I Am So Exhausted...

This has been a very interesting week. Without going into all the details (because, again, I am exhausted), suffice it to say, "I can't wait to get home."

Things aren't quite what I expected they would be while out here. And that's partially my fault. It's been fun. But I am ready to come home. (Which is a tough thing for me to say... Because, I am a very good traveler usually.)

Reasons To Leave London:
  • No hot water... Or rather, hot water that doesn't exactly work often. And when it does, it is boiling hot. It's tough to "stabilize" to a proper temperature.
  • If you think Starbucks in the US is expensive, don't ever try it when you come to London. I paid one pound 60 for coffee yesterday from there. That was for a SMALL COFFEE. In US conversion, that's over $3 for a small coffee.
  • I paid $7 tonight for a diet coke. A SMALL DIET COKE.
  • Despite the last time I was in London, the Indian food HAS NOT BEEN GOOD. The two times I have had it since coming here, it has kinda bitten. It's not spicy enough. And I'm ordering the same dish I order in the US.
  • I have no phone access. Seriously. My cell does not work here... And the phone in the flat does not. I haven't talked to my husband since Friday. Normally I am not a "talk on the phone" person... But I miss speaking to him.
  • London Dungeon - Two words: "IT BLOWS." Never go to it if you come here. Which is odd, because I had three different people tell me how great it was before I came here.
  • I can't use my flat iron without blowing up the place.
  • I keep waking up at 4am. I am so jet-lagged. And I don't think I am going to catch up either.
Reasons To Stay:
  • The coffee is better here.
  • The McQueen selection is much better here. If I see something styled somewhere in print, I know I can find it in this town.
  • I keep getting carded every time I try to buy a bottle of wine. It's funny, first the store clerk looks me up and down. Then they ask me how old I am. Then when I tell them "31," they ask to see my ID. Apparently you have to be 21 to buy alcohol from a store here. But I look older than 21 though.
That's all I got.

Comments

bonbonagogo said…
so sorry about the dungeon, missus. i will pay you back for the admission...NOT.
Me said…
Well.. To be fair though... You weren't the only one who recommended it. Two other people told me even more ethusiastically that "YOU HAVE TO GO TO IT!!!!"

Some of the history stuff was cool... But the actors were really, really bad. And that really ruined it. That and the 8 million screaming pre-teens that were also there to see it...

Popular Posts