Netflix Cancellation.

I decided to cancel my Netflix membership today.



Why?

Well, I don't watch the videos that often. In fact, I hold on to them for months before I get around to sending them back. I just couldn't justify the cost. Plus, for the past two weekends, I have begun renting movies through iTunes... And I LOVE it!

Even though it's about $4 a pop to rent a movie from iTunes, if I only rent one each weekend (which is all I usually have time to watch), it is still cheaper than the $20 I pay Netflix each month. The only good thing about using Netflix was the TV shows you could rent. And I've already gotten through all the latest seasons of the ones I watch.

For now, I'm an iTunes gal. So long Netflix. I wish you well.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I just lowered my Blockbuster subscription. I had three movies at a time as well as in-store returns. Now I just have one movie at a time and no returns. I wanted to save money...but I still don't think this is very convenient. I'm better off just canceling and renting on iTunes like you said.
Anonymous said…
i just cancelled mine today too, for the same reason: we have had movies for MONTHS and haven't watched them.
Vanessa said…
I do Netflix, but I'm on the one at a time program which is $4.95/mo. It's prefect for me because I don't have time to watch movies either, but I love the ones they have like TV shows or others that are not on OnDemand or iTunes. It's the perfect compromise for me.
Anonymous said…
I created FeedFlix partly because I too was losing track of how long I kept movies at home - unwatched. I've also added some more features to it in the past couple weeks. If you want to better understand your Netflix rental habits, please take a look at FeedFlix - I am sure you'll find it useful.

Popular Posts