"I Want The $14 Hot Dog."

Last weekend was The Husband's birthday. To celebrate, I took him to see 21, and then we walked over to No. 9 Park to sit in the cafe area for dinner.

I've only ever eaten in the cafe area of the restaurant... And to be quite honest, it's the only part of the restaurant I would eat in. The dinner menu just does NOT do it for me. But the cafe menu (which is served at the bar and the tables surrounding it) is wonderful.

So, since my birthday is coming up in about a week, The Husband asked me where I wanted to go for my birthday.

I had to give it some thought though. I wasn't sure what I wanted. Did I want to go to a place we hadn't been to before? Or did I want to hit a place we have been to, but would really enjoy visiting again?

I decided to go with the latter. I wanted to go to a place we had already been to before. But where? Here were the choices I narrowed it down to:

Casa Romero - Haven't been there since last "late summer." It is so incredibly good. And it's rare that I compliment Mexican food outside of my own cooking and Taco Bell.

Picco - I love going there, splitting a pizza and then splitting a Cow Tipper Frappe. I mean, who doesn't love a milk stout beer mixed with vanilla ice cream? If you haven't tried it, you are lazy and need to get your bum over to Picco and try one.

The Butcher Shop
- A cute little place. They have fantastic wine. And lots of meat on the menu. Surprisingly, there's like only one steak item on it. And I imagine it is good. But the best thing on the menu is definitely the $14 hot dog.

So I bet you can guess by the title of this post which restaurant I chose... I can't believe I have to wait a whole week!

Comments

How did you like 21? I saw it last week and LOVED it so much that I bought a ticket to Vegas less than half an hour after seeing it. I'm now halfway through the book.
Me said…
You hadn't read the book before hand Kate?

Oh it was such a great book. The movie was very solid too... But I really wish they had made the lead in the movie Asian, like he was in the book.

They did a good job of "Hollywood-ing" the story up. Usually I hate books that get made into movies. The Devil Wears Prada and 21 were two rare exceptions.
http://katesadventures.wordpress.com/2006/07/04/thoughts-on-the-devil-wears-prada/ <-- Thoughts on The Devil Wears Prada

I also think that Bridget Jones' Diary, my all-time favorite movie, works better as a movie than as a book.

There is such an emphasis on being Asian in the book....it's too bad that there aren't any Asian actors who are mainstream enough to carry a film as mainstream as this one intended to be. The film landscape will be much different a few years down the road, though.

Popular Posts