Totally swiped this survey from Jenn's Flaws. But I liked it.
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate. Hands down. Hot chocolate, either peppermint-y or spicy.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He wraps them. He wraps them really well. "Hospital corners" on them and even a bow.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I like a single color of lights. This year is blue. Next year, I may go red. I don't like multi-colored lights.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Hell no.
5. When do you put your decorations up? The weekend after Thanksgiving. I like to get a full month's enjoyment out of them, since it is such a pain to haul everything out and hang it all.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Hmm... I like biscuits or rolls.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? The Christmas Eve that Mum and Dad took my brothers (S. and J.) and I to go see "A Christmas Story." It had just come out in theaters. That was the year I got my Cabbage Patch Kid (Miss Kathy Paulette) and my Barbie Dream Cottage. J. got a blow-up He-Man chair. I don't recall what S. got.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I think I always knew. I have always found it creepy when adults dress up in costumes to entice children to sit on their laps. I was the kid who always cried when their parents tried to get them to sit on Santa's lap.
9. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Lights and ornaments. And a star on top.
10. Do you remember your favorite gift? Hmm... The Barbie Dream Cottage was pretty sweet. Only to be outdone by the Barbie and the Rockers Sound Stage when I was 9. (It had two synthesizers and guitars in hot pink and electric blue.) Then there was the Diane vonFurstenburg Dress The Husband got me last year. But I have to admit, the best surprising gift I ever got was from my college roommate, senior year, when bought me a Spice Girls lunch box.
12. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Feeling happy,wherever I am. And doing my best to make sure those I care about are happy, wherever they are.
13. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Sticky toffee pudding!
14. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Going to the movies on Christmas Eve.
15. What tops your tree? A star.
16. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? I LOVE receiving... But I also enjoy holiday shopping quite a bit. My Mum and I came up with the most awesome gift for The Husband this year... And he has no idea what it is.
17. Candy canes? Not a big fan of them.
18. Favorite Christmas movie? A Christmas Story.
19. What do you leave for Santa? Condoms. Peppermint flavored condoms. SIKE! Nothing lately. If I have children, maybe I'll start leaving him cookies. Cookies and rum.