Bikram Yoga Challenge: 1 Down, 59 To Go.

Someone (Miss J.) pointed out today that since I have done multiple 30-day challenges in the past few years, I really need to kick it up a notch and do a 60-day challenge.

Yes, you read that correctly. I am now doing a 60-day challenge. That's 60 consecutive days of Bikram yoga. Six-Zero... I start today. I end July 30th.

Am I insane??? Possibly. But it's a way to kick up my practice. And I love a challenge!

So, today's class... Day 1 of 60... My throat burned the entire time. Starting right in the middle of Pranayama... All the way to Khapalbhalti. Burn. I think I was working into my thyroid gland, and energizing my metabolism.

Also, as usual, the studio was nice and juicy. Sweat was trickling down only milliseconds into the class.

AWESOME!

A very nice detox. A little painful in the throat, but well worth it.

Comments

Britt said…
do you still do other workouts or just yoga during your challenge?
Me said…
Well, I walk everywhere... So that's some extra exercise.

But, I have decided not to join a gym up here in Toronto. Just going to do the yoga.

Normally, when I do the Bikram 30-day challenge, I don't exercise much at the gym. I would do my two sessions a week with my trainer, in the mornings, and that is it.
thedancingj said…
Wow! I can't remember the last time I felt so influential!!
60 days? Hard core. Go you!
Rebekah said…
Hi! I just wanted to say thank you for inspiring me to start Bikram. I went to my first class last night and I think I did pretty damn well! Your beginners tips really helped me. Hopefully tonight will be another great practice. I had a terrible headache, but some of the other newbies said it goes away after the first session.

Good luck on your 60 day challenge! I love your blog and will continue to follow along for inspiration.
Rebekah said…
Oh, one question. Since you changed your challenge from 30 to 60 days, will you now be going veg for both months?
Me said…
Awww! Thanks Rebekah!

The headaches will definitely go away after a class or two. Make sure you drink a lot of water before class though.

I am going to try to be meat-free for the whole two months.
Vanessa said…
60 days? You're a stronger lady than myself. Good luck, I know you'll make it through.

Popular Posts