Bikram Yoga Challenge: Day 9/60.

I was bad today. I ate a handful of Crispix cereal about 45 minutes before class. Then, I washed it down with a few swallows of Coke Zero.

It caught up with me, a little, in Locust pose. But other than that, I had a good class. I was properly hydrated. My balance was better. I noticed something odd though. Something I hadn't ever noticed before...

I can hear heart beating, and the blood rushing in and out of it, while in Balancing Stick pose. My arms were perfectly straight, with my biceps glued to my ears. The bicep and the outer ear formed a seal... And then I could hear the thumping and the blood swooshing.

The heart really gets pounding, in that pose. It was very strong.

If you ever doubt you have a heart... Do Balancing Stick pose. Then you will know for sure.

Comments

Popular Posts