Bikram Yoga Challenge: 20/60.

Holy wow! I am a THIRD of the way through my challenge. And time is flying!

That is good, because I want to DIE in today's 11am class. Just DIE!

I should have known that it was gonna be a tough class when I walked into the room five minutes before we started and found a woman still lying on the floor from the 9am class. I walked past her to set up my mat on the beautiful chocolate wood floor. Then she spoke...

"Excuse me," she said. "I can't get up. Could you go refill my water bottle for me?"

"Absolutely," I told her. I ran back to the locker room and filled it for her. I almost dumped my packet of Emergen-C into it... But I didn't want to make a big deal out of her exhaustion. I've done that kind of thing in the past, and was made to feel bad for making a big deal out of nothing.

I returned her bottle to her a few seconds later and told her to let me know if she needed anything else.

She stayed on the floor till the teacher walked in and turned on the lights for the start of the 11am class. She had to be helped out of the room. I think seeing her in that shape set the rest of us in the room up for a mentally challenging class.

We all sucked.

Our collective energy was totally off balance. We were in pain. We were falling out of postures in the FLOOR SERIES. We were pathetic.

I know tomorrow will be better. I am hitting the 9am class and I won't have to worry about anything throwing me off mentally before I start.

Comments

bikramyogachick said…
OMG! I got a little chuckle out of that woman saying "excuse me, could you go fill my water bottle, I can't get up" because I have SO BEEN THERE. That is yoga carnage at it's finest. We've all felt like that, yet we keep going back.
We are for sure a bit off us Bikram yogis. Congrats on being 1/3 of the way through! You rock. Hope you keep blogging when you are at TT!!!
Me said…
LOL! I will definitely be blogging from Teacher Training. You can bet on it.
bikramyogachick said…
Yay! I followed Jen from Seattle's TT blog and it was so cool! I plan on going...eventually, someday....in the future.
I will be an avid reader when you go! Is it in Palm Springs again?
Anonymous said…
hmmmmm, did you say wood floor???? So unbikram like...
thedancingj said…
"Falling out of floor postures".... HAHAHAHAHHAA... yeah, I know that feeling, too. But that gives me a great image of somebody doing floor bow and just tipping over sideways. Love it.

I'll be in Palm Springs in one week and I will come back with pictures and a report!! :)
Me said…
YAY! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Popular Posts