Bikram Yoga Challenge: 26/60.

"Try to imagine this is effortless," said the Bikram teacher.

Even if I used my wildest, craziest "imagination skillz," this would have been tough in today's class. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a bad class. I was well-hydrated. I didn't feel sick at any point. The heat and humidity were at an enjoyable setting. But even with all of this, I couldn't easily imagine everything I was doing as effortless.

No. See, I was in a class with almost all teachers. Teachers with beautiful practices. Teachers who made every posture look effortless. Effortless and beautiful.

Bitches.

KIDDING! But seeing their stunning Bow poses out of the corner of my eyes did make it difficult for me.

Who are we kidding? This is hot yoga. It's not effortless. Some days, it takes a huge effort just to get to class. The whole thing is effort FULL.

Only 34 days to go.

Comments

Duffy Pratt said…
Even if its not effortless, it can help to tell yourself that it is. One of our teacher puts it a little differently: "maximum effort but no struggle". I like that better.

Popular Posts