"Missus Of Honour."

About two months ago, my younger sister (Red) got engaged to her boyfriend of six years.

YAY!

This past weekend, Red and her new fiance (along with my parents) went to Disneyland to scope out their wedding offerings... Because Red and G (her fiance) are going to be getting married there next Summer. Which means three of my parents four children will have had destination weddings...

I got married in Niagara Wine Country in Canada. J. (my younger brother) got married in Cabo last year. And now Red will be doing the domestic wedding destination of Disneyland.

Woohoo!

But now, I have my work cut out for me... Happily. As Red sent me the following email this afternoon:
Will you be my matron of honor? Or is it spelled "honour" in Canada? Also, I don't particularly like the term "matron" so could you be my Missus of Honour?
I said "yes"... Of course! I have never had to be a bridesmaid, but I am more than honoured to do it for Red. And I like that she chose not to go with "Matron of Honour" - which I technically am, since I am married and not single.

Now to start planning the shower and bachelorette events...

Comments

Kate said…
Loving the modern name change! Congrats to your sis. :)
Vanessa said…
Your sister sounds like a true gem.

Popular Posts