Calories Burned In Bikram - An Update.

For the past few weeks, I have been meaning to wear my Polar Heart Rate Monitor to a Bikram class here in Toronto. I wanted to see if the change in home studio affected the number of calories I burn in a class. But I kept forgetting to pack my strap and watch in my bag for Bikram.

I finally remembered today though! And the magical number was...



Exactly 715 calories! I burned 715 calories in 90 minutes of hot, sweaty Bikram yoga.

I so don't feel guilty about the Mochachino I have for breakfast now.

Comments

thedancingj said…
Sweet! But hey, you KNOW that I don't think you should feel guilty even if you had only burned, like, 417 calories. You have permission to get anything that makes you feel good and not feel bad about it. ;-)
April Elizabeth said…
where do you get one of those?
Me said…
So true, J. When you do Bikram regularly... You can pretty much eat what you want.

April... I got my heart rate monitor (it's a strap you wear around your chest and a watch) at City Sports in Boston.
cath said…
Wow, that is amazing. I previously stopped doing Bikram Yoga because I felt guilty about needing to go do some "real" exercise. How silly of me!
Me said…
Cath: Bikram is the one exercise that I have found that really does everything for me.

It stretches me. It relaxes my mind. It tones my muscles, as I am using gravity and resistance to work my body. AND it is cardiovascular... My heart REALLY gets pumping in the balancing series.

My heart rate gets up to the 170 range in those poses. It is insane!
Lisa said…
I have the same exact Polar Heart Rate monitor--same color, too. Rock on!

Popular Posts