Bikram Yoga: I Better Still Have An Ass When I Am Done.

Wow!

I think living in Toronto is very good for me. Very good. Why? Well, since moving here, I have lost the following:
  • 1.5 inches on each calf muscle
  • .5 of an inch on my thighs
  • .5 of an inch on my hips
  • 1.5 inches on my waist
Let me be clear: I am not trying to lose weight. But I have wanted to tone more from Bikram. And holy hell, it is working! And fast!

I noticed it earlier this week while in class. I was standing in front of the mirror in the studio, preparing for Pranayama breathing, and I noticed my thighs.

My inner thighs looked tighter. And that's when I traced down my legs and noticed my calves. They were definitely smaller. And my belly... It's flatter than it was before.

And The Husband has noticed too. In particular, he has noticed my arms. They are toning into nice streamlined limbs.

All of this in 21 fairly consecutive Bikram classes.

Holy shit, people. This stuff works.

I have practiced for over four years... And it wasn't until I committed (mentally) to improving my Bikram practice (because of Teacher Training) did my body start listening and sharpening up. It's not like I eat any differently. The only thing I have changed is my mental attitude and my frequency of practice. I still eat all the same things I did before I moved here.

All I can say, though, is that I still better have an ass when this 60-day challenge is done.

Comments

Unknown said…
This makes me want to do a challenge!! :-)

Which Bikram studio in Boston do you recommend?
cath said…
Nice! I love hearing these reports, thanks. Even more motivation for me to continue with B.Y., and with more frequency. I'm going tonight.

P.S. Where is your usual favorite spot in the room and why? or you do like to mix around your location.
Me said…
BYChick: Thanks!

Caitlin: I am a big fan of the team that runs the Bikram Yoga Boston studios. They have studios in Back Bay, Harvard Square and Downtown Crossing.

Cath: I like to mix it up with where I practice in the room. Different areas have different heat. It's good to challenge yourself by mixing it up.
Anonymous said…
You've inspired me! I'm going to Back Bay tonight after work for my first class!
Me said…
Yay! Enjoy it! And remember to take it easy in the first class! Just stay in the room!
Anonymous said…
no worries Missus. I have found my ass to have gotten only bigger/rounder from Bikram. Three 1/2 years of practice, I finally am getting that ass I have always wanted, no more pancake. I think those glutes really develop from that first part of awkward, and getting down low enough in eagle.
thedancingj said…
I've always thought that would make a great motto for us. "Bikram Yoga: THIS SHIT WORKS." :D

Popular Posts