Bikram Yoga Challenge: 22/60.

Lesson learned:
During the summertime, do not bother wearing lotion on legs. It makes for slippery and glistening limbs in a Bikram class. And that equals DISASTER.
Before class even started, when I was just laying around on my mat, I began to sweat so much that my legs had an amazing shine time them. They looks fantastic in the light... But I knew that meant that my grip would be damn near "useless" in some poses.

Bow pose? I couldn't kick my leg up far without it slipping right out of my hand. With Toe Stand, my foot kept sliding off of my leg. On a positive note, though, the wrapping in Eagle pose was much easier.

There's the silver lining.

Tomorrow is day 23/60. Only 8 days till I am done with the 30-day. And only 38 days till I am done with the 60-day.

Comments

thedancingj said…
Haha - that is the truth! I don't even OWN lotion anymore. You'll know you've REALLY got it bad when you find yourself in the morning shower thinking "hmm, I should probably shave my legs now... but I'm practicing in the morning today and I don't want them too slippery... I think I can wait until tomorrow." (TMI?!)
bikramyogachick said…
Love that you found a silver lining. :)
I used to put lotion on my hands at work while at my desk. That stopped two years ago when I started Bikram! Lotion is the enemy with the Bikram grip!

Popular Posts