Picture Of The Day: Electrolytes!

Before I left for Bikram, I decided to take in some Emergen-C Eectro-Mix.



Ahh! Potassium and magnesium! My wonderful friends!

This is good preparation for a Bikram class. And even though it wasn't hot in tonight's Bikram class, I still worked up a great sweat with the long-held poses. And towards the end of class, I was reminded of how important it is to make sure I am properly hydrated...

A newbie started to cramp up in his limbs. He couldn't sit up. He couldn't move. He was breathing really hard. The teacher ran out of the room and grabbed some Emergen-C, came back and dumped it into his water bottle. She then went on to explain the importance of getting electrolytes into your body before you work out.

"When you cramp up, it's a sign that you don't have enough potassium in you," she said.

As I was leaving the studio, I saw the guy still drinking his Emergen-C and eating a banana.

Hmm... Bananas...

Comments

Popular Posts